What is the SVO Community Support Program?
The SVO Community Support Program aims to encourage the content creators that support our community.
Content creators are the backbone for a thriving and engaging Shadowverse community, and we want to recognize their efforts as much as we can.
How does the support system work?
After making Shadowverse related content (video, stream, article, etc.), you can apply to receive rewards!
We will be rewarding content creators on an application basis.
There will be a link below where you can input the necessary information to apply for support program rewards.
We will be rewarding creators on a per card-pack expansion basis according to the content type and the number of submissions we get from each creator.
Upcoming expansion card pack serial codes, up to a maximum of 10 codes per creator
(This number will reset after each major expansion)
At the end of each major expansion
Content Type and Amount of Reward:
– 2 codes per 1 video content
– 2 codes per 1 stream (duration of 30 minutes or more)
– 2 codes per 1 article/tournament analytic
– 5 codes per 1 community tournament hosted
– Other types of content are also welcome for submission and will be reviewed by the Community Support Team
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org once we’ve confirmed your submission.
Upon reviewing your content, we will message you whether your content has been approved for rewards or not.
Rewards will be given out at the end of the expansion.
*As of April 15, 2022 we have decided to increase the number of card pack codes for stream and article/tournament analytic content from 1 to 2 for EOP season.
*As of July 5, 2022 we have decided to increase the length of valid stream content from 15 mins. to 30 mins. Also we will be keeping the number of codes from EOP season.
To be eligible for community support program rewards, the content created needs to be (and this is very important) Shadowverse content.
The following are some of the minimum requirements for submitted content to be eligible for rewards.
Meeting this criteria does not guarantee a reward, so do not try to find loopholes that may lead to stricter rules or the termination of the program.
– The content must be created in the Shadowverse game languages English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish.
– Content that falls under one or more of the following will not be eligible for rewards: Unauthorized reproduction, plagiarism, or posting of other people’s work.
– Content unrelated to Shadowverse or Shadowverse Open Esports.
– Content made for advertising or promotional purposes.
– Content containing misleading or false information.
– Content containing hatred or despisal toward in-game characters, organisations, or members of the community.
– Content that violates the Shadowverse Terms of Service
– Reading and understanding the Important Notice clause found below.
Here it is! Fill out the following form to have your content applied to the SVO Community Support Program!
Edge of Paradise Expansion Season Form
(Submission deadline: June 25, 2022 10:00AM UTC+0)
Roar of Godwyrm Expansion Season Form
(Submission deadline: September 25, 2022 10:00AM UTC+0)
Celestial Dragonblade Expansion Season Form
(Submission deadline: December 25, 2022 10:00AM UTC+0)
Is there a limit to the number of content I can submit?
While there are no limits on how many applications you can submit, there is a 10 card pack code per person per expansion limit in terms of rewards. After the 10 code limit is reached, your total number of rewards will not go up until the next expansion.
We will keep track of all of your submissions regardless of the reward limit, so feel free to share all of your content with us!
If I boot up MS Paint and send in a quick 20 second masterpiece, am I eligible for rewards?
While we are very interested in all of your MS Paint masterpieces, we are looking to reward content creators that have a positive influence toward the SVO community. If you can incorporate your masterpiece in a video or stream, or even share it on your social media where it will be viewed by more people than just us, there is a good chance that the content is eligible for rewards.
Are there restrictions on doing giveaways using the rewards?
You can use the rewards yourself or do a giveaway through your social media platforms. There are no restrictions there. However, selling codes is explicitly not allowed. Creators found to be selling codes will be removed from the program and future eligibility.
I have further questions regarding the SVO Community Support Program. Where should I contact?
Thank you so much for your interest in our program!
Would you like to talk over dinner, or maybe even a movie? …oh you just want to ask us a simple question? Of course, of course!
Please contact us at email@example.com
– If the posted content includes copyrighted work, company name / product name, trademark, etc., the approval procedure for the right holder must be performed by the applicant. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to confirm that the rights used in the content are not infringed before applying. The SVO Community Support Team will not be held responsible for any rights violated in content submitted.
– If the submitted content is suspected of being plagiarised or reprinted without permission during or after the event period, and investigations reveal that the suspicions are true, the SVO Community Support Team has the right to collect the rewards granted and possibly take away the right of the content submitter to participate in future programs.
– If there is an infringement of the rights of a third party regarding the submitted content, the applicant will handle it at their own expense and responsibility, and if the organiser suffers any damage from the submitted content, the applicant must compensate.
– All information provided in the SVO Community Support Program is subject to change without notice.
– The copyright of the content submitted for this program belongs to the individual participants, but the SVO Community Support Team has the following rights:
– The SVO Community Support Team has non-exclusive rights to the work, and by clearly indicating the author’s name, the SVO Community Support Team can reuse the work on websites, Social Media, tournament streams, etc. operated by the SVO management team within the reasonably acceptable range.
– Program applicants are prohibited from providing application content to third parties or other companies regardless of the method and format without the prior consent of the SVO Community Support Team.
– By submitting content and applying for community support, the applicant is expected to have read and agreed to the program rules.
– The SVO Community Support Team holds the final interpretation right for this program.